The FFTWLink Library Documentation
I discovered the FFTW library while writing my own FFT libary. I used it to benchmark my own code, but soon discovered the win32 version of the project had serious structural limitations.
The main shortcoming of the original library is that, while you can compile CPU-specific code, it does not allow for run-time on-the-fly optimization, which means you have to compile and maintain distinct executables for different CPU types.
I also realized that for version 3.0.1 the non-SSE library builds did not work on my Pentium computer! I don't know if this problem was fixed with FFTW 3.1.2.
To paliate to these problems, this package creates CPU-specific DLLs and a small library that automatically loads the fastest code for the host computer.
The package contains VC6 projects that create the appropriate libraries, DLLs and source code to dynamically link FFTW.
- config.h The right configuration for win32 FFTW builds.
- libfftw.dsp creates CPU-specific static libraries.
- fftwdll.dsp creates the dynamic-link libraries.
- fftwlink.dsp creates a static libary with the glue code.
- testdll.dsp is a small sample app to show usage and test the build.
The entire documentation in html format is also included.
All the compiled and linked DLLs and libraries, built with the Intel C/C++ compiler v9.0 are also included. These files are compatible with VC6 and Visual Studio projects.
- documentation.dox to generate this documentation with doxygen
- Doxyfile the doxygen project file
They can be found in your fftw3.x.x/fftwdll/bin folder
This package is distributed uner the GNU General Public Licence.
- libfftw.lib double float FFTW static library for older CPUs.
- libfftwf.lib float FFTW static library for older CPUs.
- libfftw_sse2.lib double float FFTW static library for Pentium4 and later CPUs.
- libfftwf_sse.lib float FFTW static library for Pentium3 and later CPUs.
- fftw.dll, .lib, .exp double float FFTW dynamic-link library for older CPUs, its link library and exports definitions file.
- fftwf.dll, .lib, .exp float FFTW dynamic-link library for older CPUs, its link library and exports definitions file.
- fftw_sse2.dll, .lib, .exp double float FFTW dynamic-link library for Pentium4 and later CPUs, its link library and exports definitions file.
- fftwf_sse.dll, .lib, .exp float FFTW dynamic-link library for Pentium3 and later CPUs, its link library and exports definitions file.
- fftwlink.lib the static library for loading the right FFTW flavor.
- fftwlinkd.lib debug version of the above.
FFTWLink is copyright (c) 2005 by MichaŽl Roy
FFTW is Copyright (c) 2003 Matteo Frigo and Copyright (c) 2003 Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Before installing this package, you must first download and unzip the original FFTW 3.0.1 source code
Then unzip the file below into your fftw3.0.1 folder.
Download FFTWLink for FFTW 3.0.1 in .zip.
The FFTW library will not compile with the VC6 compiler, to compile you need to have the Intel C/C++ compiler 9.0 installed on your build machine. It may work with Intel C/C++ v7.x, but that's still untested at this time.
If you have any questions or comments, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to my Home Page
Generated on Thu Aug 24 18:41:58 2006 for The FFTWLink Library by